Sunday, May 8, 2005

Read Me

On Sunday I'm often vaguely out of it, wanderin' round the apt doing nothing 'cept the laundry. So I read other websites and take their cues! Nick listed a Book quiz. So I took it. I am William Faulkner's The Sound and the Fury and described thusly
"Strong-willed but deeply confused, you are trying to come to grips with a major crisis in your life. You can see many different perspectives on the issue, but you're mostly overwhelmed with despair at what you've lost. People often have a hard
time understanding you, but they have some vague sense that you must be brilliant anyway. Ultimately, you signify nothing."


That's way too heavy for me because it misses my fun side entirely. I'm not bipolar or anything but I am totally Gemini --i.e. close to the same thing. My significant other saw me taking this and he, being a total bookworm, sat down to take it as well. He is Mrs. Dalloway
"Your life seems utterly bland and normal to the casual observer, but inside you are churning with a million tensions and worries. The company you surround yourself with may be shallow, but their effects upon your reality are tremendously deep. To stay above water, you must try to act like nothing's wrong, but you know that the truth is catching up with you. You're not crazy, you're just a little unwell. But no doctor can help you now"
...a description which makes me giggle out of complete terror because it's, um, true. Enough about that--
Which book are you?