Thursday, October 5, 2006

Birthday Girls

Today is the birthday of the great Kate Winslet. I celebrated her first day on Earth with a post last year. And also last month, a mini Kateapalooza with that video tribute. Tomorrow Little Children opens to erase her recent fumble in All The Kings Men. Happy Birthday Kate! (More Kate well-wishing at My New Plaid Pants)

Yesterday was my Mom's birthday and though I gave her a big hug hours before leaving Detroit I actually forgot the significance of the day until I was already on the plane. I have a good excuse but still... sorry, Mom!

It's also the birthday of the very funny Glynis Johns, that talented supporting player of yore (well not so yoreish actually --her last hoot-worthy playing was in the mid90s comedies While You Were Sleeping and The Ref . If you're still drawing a blank think of her Oscar nomination for The Sundowners or Mrs. Winifred Banks in Mary Poppins. 'Well done, Sister Suffragette!'

And finally Nicole Kidman starred in a movie called Birthday Girl a few years back so I'm thinking about her as I'm writing this (although I already celebrated her birthday in June). Who knew that I'd end up missing her after bitching about her overexposure. So I'm happy to see pictures of her at work again.