Sunday, September 23, 2007

International Oscar Fever


So... I've finally put up the Oscar Foreign Film Submission / Prediction Pages. My apologies that I'm so late this year. Usually I'm the go-to site for those wondering what Japan, Estonia, Tanzania, Japan or Canada (among 60+ others) might submit. I've been referenced in newspapers as far away as Egypt. But, curses!, I fell so far behind this year that I can only offer up this pathetic babel'ing apology:

je suis désolé, ana asif, lo siento, Я сожалею, prepac, Förlåt mig, desculpa, 我抱歉, ich bin traurig, przepraszam, mijn verontschuldigingen, ขอโทษ, Özür dilerim, promin, žao mi je, scusa...so che questa pagina è ritardata!

What I'm doing this year is frantically adding the official titles as they're announced with info on the films with the help of valuable film experience readers who send me tips from all over the world (you are thanked on the pages)

First round of official entries coming atcha from:
Page 1: Austria to Finland
Page 2: France to Mexico
Page 3: The Netherlands through Singapore (their 'getai' musical 881 pictured, left) all the way to Venezuela

Lots more to come. Love this part. (Make your international predictions known in the comments) Now, if someone would only send me all these films...