Thursday, September 20, 2007

Links: Blanchett, Foreign Films and Stupid Questions

Zoom-In Three questions you should never ask at a Q & A --a film festival rant from moi
Eddie on Film a nondefinitive list of the 122 greatest foreign language films evah. So many of them I will have to add to my rental queue
Burbanked It pays to be McConaughey's co-star. Unfortunate but true
Stale Popcorn Vin Diesel's new low?
Lazy Eye Theater here's to the conformists

Antagonie & Ecstacy An interesting 'workman' take on Eastern Promises
Awards Daily Despite divided reactions on The Golden Age Stephen Holt still think Cate Blanchett will win the Oscar for it. (Perhaps I'm way wrong about this but I doubt it) But he also thinks Angelina Jolie is a lock for A Mighty Heart and Keira Knightley only an 'outside' possibility for Atonement so... take it for what it's worth. But speaking of Blanchett...


<-- Oh Cate, don't look so surprised that I'm singing your praises

One last link:

As an olive branch to the Blanchettophiles who incorrectly view me as a hater (because I don't unconditionally love and because I often dread second Oscars when so few deserving greats have even one), I've devoted today's Thursday Triple at my other blogging gig to performances of hers that I think are undervalued. Enjoy.