Sunday, January 16, 2005

Potty Break

OK. I'm having a great time with a bunch of friends over watching the Globes (the Globes are always the funnest) but I hate these tributes and I always take a breather during them.



Impressions so far...

1. Sad that M$B looks good for major Oscar play. Because I think Sideways and The Aviator are much better films. But oh, well. What are you gonna do...

2. Annette Bening unfortunately didn't do herself any favors with that weird robotic acceptance speech. I can finally see Swank winning the Oscar which I am. NOT. happy about at all. Ick. She's good in M$B but her role is hardly as challenging as her major competitors. Ugh. Bening, Winslet, Staunton, Thurman all have more multidimensional and trickier roles to play but Swank has the benefit of a likeable character and likeable goes a long way for the majority of voters who don't think a lot about the actor's technique, difficulty of role, etc...

3. Happy for Clive Owen and Natalie Portman both of whom were really fine in Closer. I think I predicted one of them but I can't remember which, Clive?

4. Blue is the color of the dresses this season.

5. Jamie Foxx is as much of a lock to win the Oscar as Julia Roberts was for Erin Brockovich.



My friends are in the other room screaming about how bad a lot of the Robin Williams movies were. Gotta go back now that that part is thankfully ending.