Monday, May 19, 2008

Dollhouse Countdown

There are only (very roughly) 175 days until Joss Whedon's new series Dollhouse premieres in November. 175 days of agony personalized just for Nathaniel (and other Whedon devotees). After the multiorgasmic seven years the writer/director gave us w/ Buffy the Vampire Slayer, the intermittent delights of Angel, and the short-lived but uniquely endearing Firefly... I'm more than ready for a fourth wave. You can see the new Dollhouse trailer @ io9.

As I've mentioned before, I'm going to add a once-weekly column on TV. Now I'm thinking perhaps I should just focus on this one. It's too late to start intense Battlestar episode postings, after all. I need TV shows with ambitions that are cinema-sized in order to inspire writing. Because even if Dollhouse isn't great, it'll surely be worth jabbering about. Uniting "Faith" (Eliza Dushku) and "Helo" (Tahmoh Penikett) and then pitting them against what teases like its a fine villainess turn from the normally sweet Olivia Williams (Rushmore, The Sixth Sense)? I'm ready.



Can we skip on ahead to November? That's when great movies start arriving too.