Sunday, November 16, 2008

Sally Hawkins, Interviewed

Ascending British actress / Oscar hopeful Sally Hawkins and I got all bicoastal by phone a fortnight ago. I apologize profusely for the irritable sound but I blame the luxury hotel she was ensconced in whilst promoting Mike Leigh's new charmer Happy-Go-Lucky.

<-- Poppy Talk!

Nevertheless I thought I couldn't not share the lovely conversation we had about her character "Poppy". We ponder Oscar buzz. We get into the nitty-gritty of Mike Leigh's famous production process. We gush about costume designer Jacqueline Durran (Atonement. green dress -- discuss). We wrap up with biopic talk. We even share a P.J. Harvey moment. Uh huh, her.

Once Sally and I are done chatting, there's a few listener calls to be answered on Doubt, Rachel Getting Married, Slumdog Millionaire and Kate Winslet's double dipping December.

Those with iTunes can get the enhanced podcast here.
If you're without, bless you, there's a standard mp3 for your listening pleasure.