Monday, November 10, 2008

When Hype Turns to Overkill

Are you sick of hearing about Twilight yet? I can't wrap my head around Entertainment Weekly's total slavish devotion... they didn't put Titanic or Julia Roberts on every single cover until after the nation became obsessed. You'd think EW's corporate affiliation was to Summit Entertainment rather than Warner Bros. I love vampire movies and yet I'm considering skipping it. I'm already sick of Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart's faces. It's been hyped so absurdly much that it can't possibly live up to expectations.

<-- At this point if Kellan Lutz isn't stark naked for the entire movie I'm going to be disappointed. (Go that extra mile, Twilight, go that extra mile)

And on that note, may I say that my blog friend JA of My New Plaid Pants really needs to stop reading my mind and beating me to the punch. Whilst preparing this post I was clicking around the internets (as I am prone to do... I multitask) and I see this post. Not only is he drooling on the exact same man (and a supporting player at that) but his banner features Isabelle Adjani in Nosferatu (1979) who I just wrote about last night for a future post, I kid you not.

Is there a hidden portal in some office or apartment building in the Tri State area that goes straight into my brain? Is JA spending a lot of time dusting himself off beside the New Jersey Turnpike lately?

GET OUT OF MYYYYYYY HHHEEEEAD