Sunday, May 7, 2006

Illustration is Phat

I joined this Illustration Friday group a couple of months ago but I've been shy about starting. Each week they send you a theme and you illustrate it for your blog during the week. My idea was that I would goof around with an illustrated title banner instead of using photos. Illustrations, even bad ones, require a little something of yourself. And you know me, I'm a giver.

Naturally, any illustration I do will be movie-themed. As soon as I heard the topic "fat" I had no choice but to play matchmaker between these two favorite baddies.

"Mr. Hutt gets more than he bargained for with his new slave girl purchase"
©Nathaniel R, 2006 (pen and ink)

I used to do all sorts of drawing from the time I was a little kid obsessing on the X-Men (Nightcrawler and Storm were my preferred subjects). A few months ago I dug up my art supplies and starting attending a life-drawing class which has been a good experience. I'm rusty but it's fun.

Here are three 'IF' entries I love this week:
Jeff Szuc "What says 'fat' better than Britney Spears?"
Frank Hilzerman "Triple Sushi"
Reitje en Jeroen a ballerina

tags: drawing, art, movies, X-men, Star Wars