Friday, May 12, 2006

Lohan if She's Lucky

Going out or staying in? Your new movie/DVD options:

In Theaters: At Least on the Coasts (links go to trailers)
Dead Man's Shoes I love Paddy Considine, don't you?
Keeping up with the Steins Answer me this: Who funds big screen films starring sitcom actors? You've got Entourage, Everybody Loves Raymond, and Still Standing in the house. You can watch those in yours. It's like that trailer for The Sentinel. Who is going to pay money to watch Keifer Sutherland save the president onscreen when they can watch him save the president for free at home?' Someone please explain.
Wah-Wah This looks 3 tablespoons too precious. But it's directed by Richard E Grant. I've mentioned it many times and I'll keep mentioning until you all obey: You must read his movie memoirs With Nails: The Film Diaries of Richard E Grant one of the funniest books ever.

In Multiplexes
Goal! The Dream Begins Normally I don't rush to see 'inspirational sports movies' but in doing the Actors of the Aughts write ups yesterday I noticed that Alessandro Nivola is in it (and signed for sequels as well). So I guess I'll be seeing lots of football over the next few years. He describes his chararacter as an expensive player with "a habitually wild attitude toward my career and my personal life" Nivola w/ wild personal life? I am so there.
Just My Luck No clip has rationalized my irrational desire to see this, but see it I shall. If Lohan is lucky her fans will all turn out. She can't coast on love for Mean Girls for too much longer...
Poseidon Love the upside down poster. Otherwise... Why?

New to DVD This Past Week
The Facts of Life The complete first and second seasons! So you can watch the show try and find its footing with way too many characters, dumping annoying Molly Ringwald (who would get her revenge just 4 years later becoming a teen superstar) and many others until they settle on Jo, Natalie, Tootie, Blair, and Mrs Garrett as their fab five.
Munich On last year's Oscar shortlist.
Nanny McPhee I had been begging Emma Thompson to return to the big screen. Be careful what you wish for. I refuse to see a woman that radiant be that hideous for 97 minutes. Sorry.
The New World Just beautiful. Do yourself a favor if you're seeing it for the first time. Turn off your phone. Refuse any distractions you normally allow yourself when watching movies halfheartedly at home. This deserves to be seen in the theaters. But since it had one of the most poorly handled releases ever (Argh! New Line. Just Arggggh!), most of you will be seeing it home.
Rumor Has It How many more chances does Aniston get to headline?

What will you be watching this weekend?

tags: Lindsay Lohan, movies, celebrities, Emma Thompson, movie trailers, dvd