Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Nicole Kidman. She's (Almost) Back.

* This post is dedicated to Anthony because I love my fans. xoxo

Guess who's celebrating today ? That's right. It's Birthday Girl herself Nicole Kidman who's riding the Gemini/Cancer cusp. Her mother gave Birth to her 39 years ago today! It wasn't long before this Aussie babe was Flirting with audiences on the big screen. And in the seventeen or so years she's spent on the silver screen she's proven that she's really To Die For. OK --I'll stop. I'm sorry for the punny. In all seriousness, Kidman has really given much cinematic pleasure in this new millenium (see her number one placement on my Actress Countdown and her huge lead in the poll that you can still vote on) and we owe her a heartily song "Happy Birthday" today. So crank up the memory of your favorite Kidman screen turn today and bliss out.

True Story #1: Three nights ago, I was walking down the street and ducked my head under a low hanging branch and somehow --sensory recall-- I was back inside of the haunting Birth (2004) and lost for a few moments inside my memory of Kidman's seriously inspired performance. (Film Bitch Nomination for Kidman. I liked Birth a lot when I saw it, but I kinda wish I'd given it a top ten placement in my year end review)

True Story #2: After a lengthy break from the corporate world in which I've been pursuing more personally fulfilling stuff and writing a lot (you may have noticed) on the site and blog, I am now, as of yesterday, back in the office culture mix. I will miss the freedom I had but as I was bemoaning my fate Sunday I got an e-mail requesting a Kidman post and I thought. God, Nicole Kidman is tireless. I can be too.

So here's to Nic! Discuss in the comments. (She has THREE movies in the can. Wheeeeeee.)

*

New Reader?
If this is your first time here, check the rest of the blog or some of the "greatest hits" like Far From Heaven vs. Brokeback Mountain * She's a Bitch (@ the Movies) * A History of... Sharon Stone * A History of... Missions: Impossible

tags: Nicole Kidman, movies, lists