Tuesday, June 10, 2008

88 Lines About 44 Women

Or, to be slightly more accurate... "37 lines about 7 women" Below you'll find the trailer for the Picturehouse release The Women. Y'all know I'm dying waiting, breathless in anticipation. Not because I approve of remakes of classics, because I dont. Not because I think anyone can measure up to the triple threat of Norma Shearer, Rosalind Russell and Joan Crawford from the original, because I don't. Not for any other reasons than these:
  1. I think Meg Ryan deserves a fairer shake at a comeback.   
  2. I am gaga for The Bening (duh!
  3. I love films about women. Don't care that the larger world doesn't... or that each new smash female-centric film (Juno, Enchanted, Sex & The City) is treated as a fluke even though they've all happened in the last 8 months. Don't care! Love my actresses. 




As for the actual trailer. It looks a bit, um, frantic... but I already know that Annette Bening will rule all. Not that this a particularly risky prediction, because it isn't.
*