Friday, June 9, 2006

It's MERYL STREEP Month !

Given that June is kicking off with the release of A Prairie Home Companion and ending with the release of The Devil Wears Prada which is (I predict) going to be a big big hit it's time for Meryl Streep Month. So throughout the month of June in between regular postings, actor countdowns, and interviews, I'll be throwing out some Meryl goodies for y'all.

Now I realize that technically June is Gay Pride Month but I think you probably already know that worship of grand actresses is kind of a crucial component of being a 'mo... so for the Film Experience June 2006 is now officially The Month of MERYL STREEP. If you have any feelings about this or anything in particular you'd like to see happen here in regards to that let me know in the comments.

So, to kick things off: Here's a video of the March 1983 Oscar Ceremony Best Actress section brought to you by my Oscar obsession, my new friend Tom's VHS collection (which I will be robbing from as much as possible) and You Tube.



Oh... and go see her new movie!
A Prairie Home Companion Link Fix
popbytes thought Lindsay and Maya Rudolph were swell...
Slant Altman devotee Ed Gonzalez mostly likes it.
Nerve Mike D'Angelo isn't as positive.
The New Yorker A Prairie Home Companion & An Inconvenient Truth