Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Irresisitible [sic]

This past weekend I was having a very lazy visit with a close friend of mine and we decided to stay in and watch movies. She proceeded to drive me to Blockbuster to make our selection. Now, I don't know about you but it's been ages since I set foot in a video store and it was jarring. I've been Netflixing it full tilt boogie since they 'opened.'

As we wandered good consumer-like through multiple aisles it became clear that I'd seen everything I intended to already. Suddenly I was staring at this movie I'd never heard of called Irresistible.

Right away I'm confused because the box features a woman that's like an ugly mall version of the legendary Susan Sarandon. ohmygod, it is Susan Sarandon. I hope someone was fired for approving that video cover. To add insult to Susan's injury, the packaging/marketing team spelled the films own name wrong on the back of the box "Irresisitible" (the emphasis is mine) --d'oh! I put the movie down quickly and bolted to another aisle, feeling the urge to shower.

As soon as I got back to a computer I had to wipe the fugly Sarandon doppelganger from my mind's eye by staring at this picture.


Ahhhhh. She's still got it. So I repeat: Some nameless person should be fired. And someone else --someone far more famous-- should pick her next project more carefully.