Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Curio: Peg People

Alexa here. An old friend of mine once brought me back a wooden peg doll from a trip to the Czech Republic. It was as glamorous as a few painted pieces of wood can be, with dark hair and a gleaming blue gown. It brought to mind Jennifer Beals in Devil in a Blue Dress. With that in mind, here are some character-driven peg doll creations.

I adore is this Wild at Heart Sailor peg doll. The lip curl! The snakeskin jacket! Makes me nostalgic for the Nicolas Cage of yore:


Even though he's faceless, I think this doll manages to be the spitting image of Brad Pitt's Louis from Interview with the Vampire. Love that his rat meal is included:


Here's a punny one: this Edward Scissorhands set features a spiky-headed Edward, an angelic Kim, and mama Peg (ha!) in her Avon outfit:


But the best pun comes from this set of Simon Peg(g) dolls by Giddy Girlie. I bet she's still working on a Run Fatboy Run doll in tiny running shorts: