Monday, March 27, 2006

Coming Soon #4: "A Prairie Home Companion"

Coming Soon But Not Soon Enough
#4 A Prairie Home Companion
(Picturehouse. Arriving in June)
See the New Trailer!

Before I begin my periodic genuflection to Robert Altman in the next paragraph. I would like to publicy forgive the Picturehouse distributing team for a minor scheduling error. 6s do look a lot like 9s. Especially if your desk is messy and you're working quickly. That has to be why they f***ed up this birthday gift to me. See ...my birthday is the 6th and they're releasing this movie on the 9th. It's no biggie really. [Though sending some flowers or something would be a nice gesture for their error]. Because who loves Altman more than me? OK, maybe Ed @ Slant or Nick @ Nicks Flick Picks. But I love Altman muchly.

Here are 7 reasons why A Prairie Home Companion should be on anyone's list of 5 movies to be most excited about in this cinematic year:
3 Women
McCabe and Mrs. Miller
Nashville
M*A*S*H
Gosford Park
The Company
The Player

and here are 3 more for good measure
Lily Tomlin... how underemployed is she? Discuss.
Meryl Streep ... how happy are we that she's getting so much work at 56? Discuss.
Lindsay Lohan... even if you're luckier than I am and immune to her celebrity pull despite all evidence that her career will be over in two seconds I'm sure you're curious to see what Altman can do with her. Aren't You?


tags: Meryl Streep, Lily Tomlin, Robert Altman, musicals, Lindsay Lohan, movies,

previous "coming soons"
#5 Dreamgirls, #6 The Fountain, #7 Running With Scissors, #8 Volver, #9 Inland Empire, #10 Little Children, #11 Margaret, and #12 Bug