Friday, March 24, 2006

Coming Soon #7: "Running With Scissors"

Coming Soon But Not Soon Enough
#7 Running With Scissors (Sony. Supposedly arriving in September)

Sony is distributing this film. I don't know exactly how all their corporate film divisions work but I hope this means that we get that Annette Bening doppelganger Columbia lady before the film. You know, the one who holds that torch. I figure all movies with Annette Bening oughta have that intro. It's The Bening. We'd like a little warning prior to her appearance.

Sometimes I like to fantasize about the CG Columbia lady being replaced by Bening herself before each and every film. Bening could still hold the torch but she could make a different face before each film; a wink here, a sideways glance there, a shudder, or a twinkly laugh. Something that lets us know what she thought of the film before it starts rolling. I'd see everything Sony distributed if she did.

Now where were we? The Bening has distracted me.

Oh. Running With Scissors. Everyone says the book is great. I haven't yet read it. (Does it have pictures?) They also say it'll be hard to translate. Nevertheless I'm excited. Bening as a crazy person. Kristen Chenoweth as her lover? Kristen Chenoweth, my friends! (Y'all know how I feel about her) The cast also finds room for Gwynnie, Evan Rachel Wood, Brian Cox, and Alec Baldwin. I'll be running with dollars to the box office.

tags: Annette Bening, Running with scissors, books, movies, Kristen Chenoweth

previous "coming soons"
Volver,Inland Empire, Little Children, Margaret, Bug and The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford, Zodiac