Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Linking Daisies

Boy Culture Tom Ford's OUT photo shoot. yum yum --->
I'm choosing to imagine that this is a playful counterpart to that Vanity Fair cover w/ Scarlett & Keira only gay and without star wattage or tinseltown glamour or... er. OK. They're nothing alike. Regardless, the version I was dreaming of back in 02/06 will never happen anyway.

Nick's Flick Picks
joins the film festival world. Wheee
Soft Citizen terrific Vancouver Festival TV spots. Funny angle to use because it's so true (thx Johanna)
ModFab breaks down Into the Wild for ya
Lazy Eye Theater wants you to know that _______ doesn't scare him
film ick lots of Golden Compass news
IFC says what I'm thinking about I'm Not There. They beat me to it.
Nikki Finke Warner Bros ignorant sexism and strange notions of box office cause & effect
The Evening Class interesting spoiler-laden interview with Ang Lee & Tang Wei on Lust, Caution
Philadelphia Inquirer the onslaught of Iraq war films: Redacted, Elah, Rendition, The Kingdom and more...

And over at Zoom-In, I've posted my reaction to the debut of the new maybe-hit show Pushing Daisies. I have a strange relationship to the cute and excessively stylized in filmed arts. I run hot and cold with that crap... very rarely lukewarm. So am I hot or cold on Daisies? You'll have to read the review for the full temperature reading but here's a sum up: Hot but I fear temperatures will be dropping precipitously