Tuesday, October 16, 2007

P.S. I Don't Believe This

This still from P.S. I Love You is disturbing me. And it's not because I've seen the trailer which promises to deliver a film containing the most awkward star turn yet from my arch nemesis H.S. If the trailer is any indication she shouldn't be allowed within 500 yards of a pratfall or anything resembling romantic comedy


But the still bugs because the casting is alarming. In what universe are these three women friends? I have trouble imagining that the frequently combusting eroticism of Gina Gershon, the quirky but bitter comedy of Lisa Kudrow and the straight faced self regard of Hilary Swank can coexist peacefully within the same film, let alone play all bosom-buddy like.

Anyone else doing a double take trying to imagine it?

The closer we get to this movies release the more I am certain that the world is coming to an end. You can find me in Times Square unshaven, ripe smelling and wearing an apocalyptic sandwich board...

"THE END IS NEAR"
*