Saturday, October 27, 2007

Links: The I Hate Men Edition

Zoom In -Holiday Preview: my quick rundown of the movies headed our way. Tis the season
Awards Daily -mmm glossy FYC ads (Tis the season...again)
Hollywood Elsewhere -the fall failure glut
Just Jared -Natalie Portman gets Scholastic
Cinevistaramascope -looks back at Alien: Resurrection (fun post and '97 was on the brain after the Boogie Nights poll)
<--- MMM -the new Harold & Kumar teaser poster. High-larious. I'm so glad NPH has a career. Why are teaser posters always better than the real thing? Discuss
EW -no gay studio films after Brokeback. Why?
New Now Next -greatest soundtracks?
Everything I Know I Learned From Musicals hates on Mel Brooks Young Frankenstein (the Broadway version)

Straight Men Suck
Zap2It Maxim's unsexiest women. I worry about straight men. They don't do themselves any favors. This list basically states: women must not have big personalities or individual style. Apparently only vacant generic bimbos will do (Does Frank TJ Mackey edit that mag?)

Gay Men Suck

Out 100 has to go and honor Perez Hilton. I worry about gay men. They don't do themselves any favors. Way to promote the unflattering stereotype: shallow, catty, misogynistic. How is that "provocative"? Seems like reinforcement of the status quo to me.