Thursday, September 17, 2009

Remember...


Jose here with a small reminder now that the awards season is going full throttle...

Before getting too excited about all the upcoming features, let's not forget how spectacular Michelle Pfeiffer was in Chéri. Nate has been saying it throughout the year so I thought I'd join him in this particular pleading.

If only for how stunning she was in the last scene and for lacking any self-consciousness when it came to looking, and acting, her age. I'm sure when it comes to Oscar time, quoting her character in the film, "I'm probably making a fool of myself..", their memories seem only to start working come the fall. But then again she makes it, and my reminder, seem more appropriate when she says "...then again, why not? Life is short."

Related: Nathaniel's Best Actress predictions