Thursday, September 24, 2009

Sir Ian in San Sebastian

Congratulations to one of our favorite humans in the known universe, Sir Ian McKellen on his lifetime achievement award at the San Sebastian Film Festival.

Sir Ian, ham [photo src]



I feel like I've been seeing Rebecca Romijn every time I turn on the telly this month and each time I see her I think of her wondrously catty chemistry with him when they were Mystique & Magneto. They're almost the only thing I enjoyed about that awful third X-picture.

As you may have heard earlier today, Sir Ian plans to reprise his Gandalf role if*/when Guillermo Del Toro starts filming that two part feature adaptation of The Hobbit

*I'm less hopeful than others that all will go well on the legal side of these movies.
Apparently the latest lawsuit was settled but doesn't it seem like legal complications *keep* arising? Plus I'm just nervous. Two movies? Why?? The Hobbit is not that overstuffed.