Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Snip Snip Go the Posters

Glenn from Stale Popcorn again with another entry while Nathaniel helps his parents move house across the country.

As anybody who reads my blog is that I have a mild obsession with movie poster art. The good, the bad, the very bad and the occasionally deranged. One of absolute favourite key art designers is Jeremy Saunders (his official site) who is an Australian designer. His poster work tends to be for Australian films or Australian exclusive versions of international films.

Recently on his Twitter feed he started going on about "the best poster design he's ever done" and "Praying (to whatever) that @lars_von_trier approves my poster for the Australian release of Antichrist". While I'm not sure if Von Trier accepted it, but he posted the poster on his website and I thought, considering the number of people who want to see this movie desperately, I'd share it.


As anybody who has seen the film (such as myself) can attest to, the image represented on here is... somewhat apt. I do like to imagine this hanging up in the local arthouses and having some unsuspecting victims moviegoers mulling to themselves or their friends "well that's looks intriguing!"

And just to spread the word of Jeremy Saunders here are some of his most amazing work for you to drool over. Aah, the beauty of it all.