Monday, March 13, 2006

Find Him Guilty

Nathaniel: My cinema 2006 preview starts this week. Aren't you excited?
Readers: [crickets chirping].

See, I was looking at the NY Times Arts & Leisure section yesterday and realizing I'm getting excited about logging long hours in movie theaters again (I always swear it off in February when Oscar fatigue settles in). I am not, however, excited about seeing Vin Diesel's hairpiece. His new movie Find Me Guilty opens Friday. But at least it gave me an idea for a poll: the films of Sidney Lumet. Which is your favorite? If you're like "I don't know him." Think again. You do. Quite a filmography there. Just pretend not to notice the 90s abyss of Sharon Stone / Melanie Griffith clunkers. Sidney and I thank you in advance.

Suggested readings on Lumet's Network:
As Little As Possible and Nick's Flick Picks