Friday, March 10, 2006

Monty Update: More Depressed Than Usual

friday cat blogging I haven't talked about my cat in a while. The truth is he is inconsolable. Completely not interested in performing for my delight. My friends tell me: Relax, he's a cat. But he does seem depressed --chemically imbalance depressed. He's sleeping even more than a lot. He was never a rowdy "let me chase a string!" type but still....

To add to the sad curiousity about what's going on with him this strange event occurred: He hissed at me for only the second time in his seven year life the night of the Oscars (mere minutes after Brokeback lost. Hmmmmm --coincidence?). And he's been doing this weird slinking around the apartment thing like he's a snake rather than a cat these days. It's not slinking like hunting but like fear. Maybe there's a ghost in my apartment? Maybe he needs to go to the vet.