Sunday, July 16, 2006

First Half Oscar Hopefuls (Part 2)

Update: sorry, links originally excluded...

Continuing the look at the five most likely Oscar nominees from January to June releases...
#3 is all about Toon Town, or rather Oscar's Toon Town, the Animated Feature category. Like most kids I was an animation junkie in my early years. As an adult I still find it a magical form --I was thrilled (and that's maybe an understatement) when Beauty & The Beast managed the impossible and scored a Best Picture nod for 1991 --but my love has been fading rapidly. I've been disappointed in some of the side effects of the CG revolution, one of which is the glut approaching us, darkening the cinematic sky with two many glossy 3D animals and fart jokes

READ THE REST...

Also... Animated Feature Oscar Chart Revamp