Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Hump Day Hottie: Cheyenne Jackson

So, it’s been three months since this blog’s ‘Hump Day Hotties’ first season concluded. None of you have exactly been e-mailing me begging me to bring it back or anything pleasingly participatory like that… (Are you lurkers unionized or what? You’re just not budging towards hitting that comment button) but I’ve been missing it. And I’m the boss. So here we go again: SEASON 2. Every Wednesday.

I thought about kicking things off with a little shout out to birthday boy Topher Grace who turns 28 today. But I figure I’ve enthused enough about him in the past. (I really do see/hope for a BIG future coming his way.) And of course, I share JA’s enthusiasm about every shot in that Spidey 3 trailer, including the one of Topher looking skyward, presumably at our friendly neighborhood Spider-Man. I'm sure Topher will get lots of play on this blog next summer when that film arrives.

And then I thought about debuting with international metrosexual icon David Beckham since I slept with him a couple of nights ago (well, I did. In a dream but whatevs) but he’s not a movie person and the World Cup is over and I’m not that into him anyway, so…


Today’s hump day hottie is for another birthday boy man, Cheyenne Jackson who some of you may have seen as one of the bravest of the United 93 passengers in movie theaters this past spring.

Cheyenne is a hottie for a number of reasons
1. Well, look at him. There’s that.
2. He’s an out gay man in an industry that still rewards/prefers their on camera types firmly inside the closet.
3. Well, look at him.
4. He loves animals. The best people always do.
5. He’s a Broadway baby, too. Sings like a dream and recently starred in the Elvis songbook musical All Shook Up!

And because I like to share the wealth. Humpy links:
Evil Discussor “who would you like to hump today?”
Lone Star Verve ‘who made you go “aught”?’ about my poll –cute ;)