Thursday, July 27, 2006

Fives a Crowd: Brangelina in Wax

You have undoubtedly already heard that Brangelina and their infant Shiloh have been immortalized in wax for Madame Tussauds. It’s been covered at Defamer and Just Jared among many other places. Though I always found the idea of wax figures to be more appropriate for horror films than tourist giggles, I was finally dragged to M. Tussauds a couple of years ago by a visiting friend. I will admit that I did get my share of tourist giggles out of sitting next to Madonna on a park bench, gazing up at a very impressive RuPaul, flipping off George Bush, etcetera.

But I still think it’s creepy.

What’s bothering me most about this latest publicity coup for the already ubiquitously public duo, is the lack of their other children. I’m betting that if I were an adopted child or a proud adoptive parent I would be even more horrified and angry right now. They don’t have one child, they have three! It’s the only case I can think of where MORE wax figures would ease my mind. What kind of message does this send out?



Ah well, Maddox and Zahara will still have plenty of opportunities to have fame thrust upon them.

tags: Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt, Maddox, Madame Tussauds, celebrities, adoption, Brangelina, gossip,