Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Red Carpet Lineup

A random sampling of actresses from premieres, parties and events this past week...


Amy Adams may be playing a nun currently but she still steps out looking like a cartoon princess. I think it's been much too long since we've seen Alfre Woodard, don't you? Have you seen Passion Fish (1992)? It's been on my mind lately for some reason. Cate Blanchett apparently just stepped out of a time machine direct from the set of Björk's "Who Is It?" video. But that's a compliment. Anything that reminds us of Björk is very welcome, indeed. I've been noticing that Marisa Tomei's red carpet wear is getting increasingly outre as the weather gets colder. If she keeps this up she might be in Tilda territory by the time the Oscars roll around in February. One can always dream. I can't wait for you all to see The Curious Case of Benjamin Button because Taraji P Henson gives her character this one little physical gesture in a church healing scene that just made me grin from ear to ear. I'm so glad her career is taking off. Did Kim Basinger think she looked fat in The Door in the Floor or something? Is it wrong that every time I see Heather Graham I want to hand her a pair of rollerskates? I never want her to take them off.