Saturday, October 3, 2009

D'ats Link

Boy Culture on a new book of letters that's a must have for Grey Gardens fans
Netflix is streaming The Wizard of Oz for free (today only)
Art Net Kirsten Dunst goes Harajuku for artist Takashi Murakami. I saw his last show in Brooklyn featuring anime characters with shape-shifting ejaculate and whatnot. Very crazy / racy / grotesque stuff. I ♥ Kiki... anxious for a new film right about now
In Contention Guy asks the question we all must ask every year if we really care about the movies and not just Oscar. What are precursors for anyway? I'm happy to have Guy by my side in the good fight


She Wired
This is a complicated first but Ming-Na (The Joy Luck Club) is now playing the first lesbian Asian-American series regular with her new role on Star Gate Universe. My first reaction is Star Gate is still on? My second is more appropriate: 'congratulates Mulan'! Yeah, I was looking for another link to pad this post. Sue me
Movie | Line interviews Lee Daniels and talks Precious. I love this bit on Mo'Nique
the comic dredges up a sneering, mind-blowing flair for movie monsterdom. For all the film’s tonal shifts and turbulence, the raw dread of her turbaned, chain-smoking fury up every stairwell and around every corner supersedes anything distributor Lionsgate will package for its latest Saw installment.
Goatdog looks back at Carmen Jones (1954) and doesn't like what he sees, outside of the mesmerizing Dorothy Dandridge of course
Guardian UK Terminator franchise for sale. Low low (high) price
My New Plaid Pants fanboy delusion: bullfighting with Javier Bardem