Monday, October 19, 2009

You Make Everything... Groovy

.

Howdy y'all, JA from MNPP poppin' my head in for a sec to celebrate a little something making me happy today - that being Spike Jonze's Where the Wild Things Are making 32.5 million dollars this weekend.

I never pay attention to box office numbers anymore, they always depress me, but I'd convinced myself that Jonze's film was gonna be a flop. How could it not be? What I am about to tell you is a well-documented fact: every film I am ever excited about sinks faster than an experimental balloon-craft in the Colorado skies (hooray for timely yet instantly dated metaphors!).

So this news hits me as distinctly pleasurable today. It's even sweeter since I saw the film last night and was completely bowled over by it. I even had one of those moments that I dread - when your significant other turns to you in a movie theater and sees you biting your lip, tears streaming down your face... humiliating. Is it just me or do you always get stared down in these moments too? Leave me to my humiliating tears! Gah!


Ahem. So did y'all make the trip to where the wild things live? Did it effect you like it did me or leave you cold? I've heard plenty of opinions swinging towards the latter the past few days, and I won't think you a heartless monster if you admit it. Well not much, at least. And when was the last time you found yourself in my prediciment, sobbing like a wreck in a movie theater, the shame, the shame...?
.