Sunday, October 4, 2009

Krak Addiction. It Ain't Cheap

One of the great frustrations of living in NYC whilst loving theater and cabaret is that these artforms are really only meant for the rich. They're not populist like the movies. But the heart wants what it wants and we love what we love and some of us love things that are shamefully disproportionate to our socioeconomic status.

One of my favorite performers and yours* Jane Krakowski (3o Rock) is doing a show at Feinsteins at the Regency and OF COURSE I want to go. But despite my Krak addiction, I am hesitant. There's this...


So it's $71.86 to hear Jane sing PLUS a $40 food & drink (minimum) PLUS tax and tip on that food and drink minimum -- and if you have an entree and two drinks that's well over $40 -- which means by the end of the night you're out $129.99 and up easy.

I'm tempted to go anyway because this is Jane Krakowski we're talking about. But for that price the TONY winning, Evan Rachel Wood licking, Jude Law servicing, 30 Rock gutbuster better reprise her Nine role (before Penélope Cruz steals it away in the movie).

I'd stay on hold for days for these 'Call(s) from the Vatican'

What I'm saying is that if I'm expected to fork over $129.99, Jane Krakowski better end her set hanging upside down naked over my table performing "Call From the Vatican". That way we can duet on the orgasmic squeal that caps that delicious award-winning number and I'll feel like it's $129.99 well spent.

*I'm just assuming you have good taste