Monday, October 19, 2009

Wild Things Overheard at the Cinema

Earlier today Nick overheard some things at the Chicago Film Festival which had me LOLing. I can't really compete with those choice bits but I do love to eavesdrop at the cinema. Exiting Where the Wild Things Are last night, I heard the following:
Asian Girl to White Guy: Maybe I would have liked it better if it were in Chinese.
Um...

I have no idea what she meant by that either but it amused me. I tried to get closer for context -- yeah, I'm curious (aka annoying) like that -- but to no avail. Exiting the theater was mayhem.

But it reminded me of a hilarious / horrifying thing I overheard a couple months back. Those following my twitter feed will have already heard this but in the airport in August I witnessed the following exchange
Excited Guy #1: Hey, did you see District 9?
Less Excited Guy #2: Yeah.
Guy #1: Did you like it?
Guy #2: (long pause) It was good. But not good in that Independence Day way.
What's the last amusing or horrifying nugget you heard at the movie theater?

And while we're here, would you have liked Wild Things better in Chinese? (Although...who needs words really with that movie? Lance Acord, I love you!)
*