Sunday, November 8, 2009

What's Left in 2009?

Look out! A lazy Sunday afternoon post hurtling at'cha. I was looking for an excuse to post the A Single Man poster. It's just the first still released blown up but what a still it is!


That's not really deserving of an entire post all its own so herewith, stealing an idea from my buddy Nick how about... My 20 Most Anticipated Year End Movies in descending order of how impatient I am to see them (links to trailers). I've already seen Broken Embraces, The White Ribbon, The Last Station, Dr. Parnassus and Red Cliff or they would have made the list.


GIVE ME NOW
  1. Nine -because... duh. Duh times 99!
  2. A Single Man -the trailer screams beauty and I'm always ready for Julianne Moore in dramas
  3. Avatar -James Cameron Loyalist
  4. Crazy Heart -Jeff Bridges Loyalist
  5. Up in the Air -Clooney + two actresses I like = yes. Plus, I liked Juno a lot

    mild excitement

  6. The Lovely Bones -still curious but also very worried. Something seems amiss
  7. The Road -eager to see what they changed since that test screening I went to last year
  8. Mammoth -Lukas Moodyson directs Gael Garcia Bernal and Michelle Williams. That's three enticements right there.
  9. It's Complicated

    inconsistently curious

  10. Fantastic Mr Fox
  11. The Princess and the Frog
  12. Brothers -from morbid curiousity about how much worse it will be than the Danish film it's based on.
  13. Police, Adjective
  14. Sherlock Holmes -I vacillate wildly on this one. Looks alternately handsome fun and noisy apocryphal terrible. Which is it? Or is it both?
  15. Women in Trouble - a comedy about 10 different women. Yes, please. If it's good. And mostly because Carla Gugino (über sexy) and Connie Britton (excellent actress) are in it.

    haven't thought much about but might go...

  16. My Son, My Son, What Have You Done?
  17. The Loss of a Teardrop Diamond -the cast doesn't much interest me. I mean, Bryce Dallas Howard practically warns "BAD MOVIE" just by showing up. But with screenplay by genius Tennessee Williams. Hmmm
  18. Ninja Assassin -Maybe I won't see it but I've been in an action mood for a few days.
  19. Me and Orson Welles - I like movies about the entertainment business be it theater/film or tv. But I think it's Zac Efron that's scaring me away so far.
  20. The Young Victoria -- looks as dull to me as Invictus which is odd because I like the cast for the most part and I'm a sucker for beautiful costumes.
Help Me! I go to the movies a lot but you can't see everything. I'll have to catch up with some of these but which ones? I haven't yet seen: A Serious Man, In the Loop, Sin Nombre, Two Lovers, Everlasting Moments, Tokyo Sonata, Goodbye Solo, Adventureland, Observe and Report, The Soloist, The Limits of Control, Summer Hours, Easy Virtue, Drag Me To Hell, The Proposal, Ponyo, Thirst, The September Issue, The Burning Plain, Capitalism: A Love Story, Coco Before Chanel, Bronson, Zombieland, Trucker, and The Maid. My year end top ten list and film bitch awards are just 2 months away from kickoff. I'll have to hurry.

How excited are you for the rest of the film year?
And which early releases will you be trying to catch up with before the Oscars.
*

*