Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Exclusive Buzz: Pfeiffer with Pfangs

Rumor Alert!
Or, rather, 'Possiblity Alert'! And one you haven't heard yet. The other evening at a dinner party, I chatted briefly with writer/director Amy Heckerling (of Clueless fame). Since her very last feature I Could Never Be Your Woman starred Michelle Pfeiffer, you know I couldn't resist gushing about my favorite actress. The conversation quickly drifted to Saoirse Ronan, who played Pfeiffer's daughter in that film. Heckerling was very proud to have discovered her (...Woman preceeding Atonement, production-wise) and wouldn't you be?

Leaving the party later, I wished Heckerling well on her new comedy Vamps which should go before cameras in the spring. Remembering me as that weirdly obsessed pfan-guy, Heckerling clasped her hands together in supplication and said 'I hope I get Pfeiffer for it.'

[Collective Pfan Gasp!]

Has an offer gone out? Could Pfeiffer finally have a vampiric role? The movie is still in preproduction with only Kristen Ritter signed. IMDB describes the comedy like so...
Two female vampires in modern-day New York City are faced with daunting romantic possibilities
One assumes with Ritter in the lead that the two vamps are young women... but perhaps Pfeiffer could be a ruling bloodsucker? A vampire queen? Pfeiffer has been leaning towards the wicked and showy supporting bits since her comeback (Hairspray, Stardust) and I know one or one-hundred pfans* who have long fantasized about Michelle sinking her teeth into that sort of role. There's just something about her ferocity. The closest we ever got was her lupine beauty in Wolf.
*
*

If you are new to The Film Experience, please check out some favorite posts from the year or subscribe

Subscribe with Bloglines

Add to Google

*This post is dedicated to my pfellow uber-pfans on the net: Fran, Noelle, and Morrissey
*