Friday, November 20, 2009

Sometimes I doubt your commitment to Sparkle Motion

.

JA from MNPP here, doing the 2001 thing, briefly noting a flick from the year that left a bit of an impression on lil' ol' me. Yes, Richard Kelly's Donnie Darko. I can and have - seriously I have, click here to see - list a bunch of reasons why I believe this movie's too cool for school, but it really, the essence, it all boils down you see to that delightful line uttered there above. Sometimes Beth Grant doubts our commitment to Sparkle Motion. Sometimes I doubt our collective commitment to Sparkle Motion.


But then I pop in a cassette tape of "Head Over Heels" by Tears For Fears and I contemplate how exactly one does suck a fuck or what the sex lives of Smurfs are all about or if "feces" means "baby mice" or whether "cellar door" might just be the most beautiful phrase in all of the English language and so I poke my finger into a hole in the eyeball of a metal-faced rabbit-man that represents the fabric of space and time itself and I feel a little more, a little less, complete. Why am I wearing this funny man suit anyway? It's like child-proselytizer Jim Cunningham put it best:

"Is that all the gusta you can musta?"
.