Saturday, November 21, 2009

Broken Moon

Mmmm, Penelope. If people had any sense it would be Almodovar movies that broke attendance records. Not the movies that, in fact, do. But enough handwringing about box offizzze.
Given Towleroad’s generous coverage of all things Twilight (all things equalling shirtless wolf boys and wild haired Pattisons) I had hoped to share a few thoughts on NEW MOON for today’s movie column. No can do. I wasn’t invited. Curiously I had been invited to the press screenings of Twilight. Perhaps I’ve been too openly disdainful of sparkle-in-the-sunshine vampires or creator Stephenie Meyers’ retrograde sexual politics (I had quite enough of that in my own Mormon years, thank you).
read the rest at Towleroad for a bit more on New Moon, Broken Embraces and Red Cliff. And also check out my Pedro & Penelope piece at Tribeca. I've been a busy boy.
*