Friday, April 14, 2006

Little Cate. Notorious Bettie. Fiery Tom.

Considering this is a film blog I should probably be a little more descriptive on Fridays as to the new choices tempting you. So here goes. [Speak up if you likey and want a rundown each Friday]


In Theaters: At Least on the Coasts
Kekexili. From China. Passed over for Oscar submission last year when they went with The Promise instead (still unreleased because, you know, The Brothers Weinstein bought it.)
I Am a Sex Addict an indie comedy.
Hard Candy It stars this man. That's all I need to know.
Kinky Boots already bitched about it. Don't bother.
The Notorious Bettie Page which is the most bosomy buzzy of the new titles. It's the film wherein Gretchen Mol, she of the inexplicably plentiful Vanity Fair covers gets her last chance to prove herself as a movie star. Early word suggests that she (finally) does.
In Multiplexes.
Scary Movie 4 arrives. This is officially a Police Academy thing, now, right?
The Wild Somehow missed this altogether when I initially published my animated contenders page. Could we have enough toons released to see 5 Oscar nominee slots again?


New to DVD Earlier This Week
Bugsy Malone A must for Jodie Foster fans. See also: A History Of...
Little Fish Tiny Cate Blanchett who came and went in an eyeblink.
M:I-2 Hilariously homo (click for my ancient overly caffeinated review)
Wolf Creek One of those horror movies that excited cineastes. I'm too scared.