Thursday, April 13, 2006

This. That. Other Things.

This
One more tidbit on my trip to Connecticut: Nick had these books 1001 Movies You Must See Before You Die, 1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die, etc... As you can probably surmise I can probably finish off the movies I'm missing from the list before I die --maybe even before I turn *cough* 40. The books? Unless I live to be as ancient as Methusaleh it's not. going. to. happen. But I was somewhat surprised to see that I had read 25 of the 1001 books featured. I'm not surprised at how low the number is but how high. Sad, right? Maybe if I stopped reading Inside Oscar over and over again I'd free up some time?

That
Please go and vote on the 2006 best picture poll if you haven't. Today is the last day to do so. I'm curious to see if general consensus predix for next year's top Oscar contenders is more accurate than my stab in the dark.

Other Things
Some link love on this Thursday...
The Tin Man on three new Broadway musicals.
Cinemarati on that awful Writers Guild list.
The Self Styled Siren loves Dodsworth. As do I. One of my all-time favs.
Looker on the real William Shawn (not the one played by Bob Balaban in Capote)
PopBytes debuts a music feature. Cool.
Twitch on the depressing news that the Weinstein Co. is playing the Miramax game --buying Asian films and then not releasing them. But nobody has yet answered my eternal question: why do Asian producers/filmmakers sell the rights to the Weinsteins when everyone knows this is the case? Willful self-delusion? Greed?