Monday, April 24, 2006

A Tale Of Two Kisses


The Earth shatteringly important nominations for the MTV Movie Awards were announced today - you can see them over here.

The only part that interests me, though - Jake & Heath's nomination for Best Kiss. Because the internet's decidedly not being my friend today, I'm unable to figure out which kiss is nominated - The One In The Puptent, or The One Where Michelle Williams Catches Them Going At It Really Hard In The Stairwell (I really made those sound like the titles of forgotten Friends episodes). Anyone able to get this to work?

Not that it matters. Either kiss is sublime. Jake & Heath's competition:

Brad Pitt & Angelina Jolie, Mr. & Mrs. Smith
Taraji P. Henson & Terrence Howard, Hustle & Flow
Anna Faris & Chris Marquette, Just Friends
Rosario Dawson & Clive Owen, Sin City

I refuse to accept any of those as better heirs to an admittedly pointless throne.

(And with that, I fulfill my Brokeback-related posting quota. I had to get at least one in while here)


tags: Brokeback Mountain, Jake Gyllenhaal, Heath Ledger, movies, kiss, MTV