Tuesday, November 7, 2006

Dear Readers...

I just got in from voting. I hope my readers in the USA will do the same today. I'm totally nervous because this great nation has shown a strange and confusing six year habit of voting for more of the same (disaster. deficit. war. torture. hate and fear mongering. wealth-coddling. personal freedom infringements. etcetera) rather than asking for change.

Anyway... I apologize for the light / linkheavy posting. I hope to return to normal soon. Normal = cinematic obsessing.

What to look for when I get my mojo back
Oscar Talk -lots of it. Nicole Kidman & Nicole Kidman & maybe some Nicole Kidman. Personal Canon: A Top 100 Movies Countdown (starting from scratch. I'm gonna borrow Nick's approach because I've noticed that I'm far more likely to review films I don't like rather than films I love and that just ain't right!) Thoughts on current releases like Volver, Fur, The History Boys, The Children of Men and more. The completion of the Moulin Rouge! chapter-by-chapter analysis. And the return of most of the popular blog series as well as reader requests.

Don't mind me. I'm just thinking (and hoping) aloud. Carry on with your day.