Friday, November 24, 2006

Happy Birthday Toulouse!

Today woulda been the 142nd birthday of the legendary French impressionist Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec if he hadn't been downing all that absinthe and booze in epic proportions. Or you know, whoring it up in the syphilis plagued brothels. Anyway, I only post this because I'm feeling guilty that I still haven't finished my mammoth Moulin Rouge! piece. I promise a new installment in December. Just wanted you to know that I haven't forgotten it.

If you are cursing my name right now, all eager for the rest of that, try this Toulouse-centric Moulin Rouge! post from Andy Horbal to give you a fix. A happy coincidence: It's all about the very scene that I ended my coverage with.

And since I'm in a Bazzy mood, here are two Moulin Rouge! edits courtesy of YouTube: The "Come What May" music video and a little behind the scenes goofing from Bazmark and Fox with Ewan McGregor doing "research" and Richard Roxburgh and John Leguizamo spending time with the green fairy.




Tags: Moulin Rouge, , , Ewan McGregor, cinema, DVD, moviemusicals