Monday, January 22, 2007

The Very Last Oscar Post Prior to The Actual Nominations on Tuesday. Aren't You Dying of Excitement?

And isn't the title of this post as obnoxious as you can possibly imagine? I try. I was going for just this side of 'shut up already! get on with it' as a way of paralleling my own feelings about the Oscars. Every year with this endless foreplay...

So, the race for those Oscar noms has been boring since December. That's right about when everyone and their dog agreed that Helen Mirren was the greatest actress to have ever lived (or at least as good as you know, 1/2 of Hilary Swank). That's when everyone drank the Kool-aid that there were only five movies released last year. For the record their names were: The Departed, The Queen, Babel, Dreamgirls, and Little Miss Sunshine.

The Final Predictions As with any year there is usually a teensy amount of drama in regards to who gets the fifth spot in any given shortlist. So here are my best guesses or in one case, my best throwing caution to the wind... who cares about statistics. UPDATE: There's even documentary feature and animated short predictions for completists!



Discuss in the comments. Agree? Disagree? What do you expect we'll see? Read those final predix ~ then hash it out in the comments. You got less than 24 hours to do so. While you're doing that I'll be preparing for Tuesday's nominations. Gotta build all the web pages and, as is my annual tradition, hold that séance to try to summon Jessica Tandy back from beyond the grave. See, she has this stolen Oscar and it still needs to get to its rightful owner. If I have to call on the dark forces to get it there, don't think I won't.