Sunday, March 16, 2008

Laura Linney is a Good Sport

Is it just me or are the questions in this Dear(est) Abby article in the New York Times Magazine, prompted by Linney's appearance in HBO's John Adams miniseries, a little rude? But Linney handles them like a pro. These are my two favorites. On losing the Oscar...
People come up to me and say, "Oh, I'm sorry you lost." What did I lose? I didn't lose anything. I didn't lose a thing.
and this choice exchange...
NYT: As a graduate of Brown University do you think acting requires intelligence?
LL: No.
Oh, Laura... you "wholesome scrubbed nice-girl" with a wicked sense of humor. In other Laura news. She's only received 1... (yes, only 1) vote in the Best Actress Psychic contest. No respect. She's even being directed by Richard Eyre (Iris, Notes on a Scandal) who has a way with getting his actors nominated. I guess y'all really took that 'once every four years' nomination comment to heart.

click for fresh posts
*