Tuesday, March 11, 2008

The Ongoing Adventures of Blurb Whore

In my tongue in cheek quest to sell out and be quoted on movie posters, here's three quotes for marketers to consider. Because I'm so very hard to please the blurb whore days shall never come. Unfortunately that 'hard to please' tag sometimes sends people the wrong message that I don't love the movies. And I do ...even when I don't! Surely some of you insatiable movie devourers will relate.



I won't be writing a review of David Gordon Green's Snow Angels because I don't have much to say. I'm not one to shy away from unhappy films. I like a good tragedy but sometimes I wonder about bleakness for bleakness' sake... or about films that try to do other things simultaneously, expecting me to purge the massively depressing thing I've just seen to jump back into other lighter stories. I enjoyed pieces of the film --Amy Sedaris really pops as a local waitress and the teen romance within is well played by Michael Angarano & Olivia Thirlby. I remain unconverted when it comes to Kate Beckinsale. This film asks more of her (a lot more of her) than her recent oeuvre but I never get a lot from her as an actress.

I wrote about Married Life briefly when I saw it at the New York Film Festival but I've expanded my Patty-drooling antics over @ Pajiba for a full review (discuss the movie there if you're feeling chatty). I created this blurb whore image before I watched I Could Never Be Your Woman (last night in fact) but I'm not quite ready to talk about what I saw. Give me time to digest... or cleanse as it were.

previously on blurb whore
*