Monday, March 31, 2008

Naked Gold Man & Early Bird Oscar Preview

Until we get closer to Oscar season (round about November) the Naked Gold Man column will be coming at you weekly on Sundays --starting on April 6th or 13th --to give you your golden fix. I know a lot of TFE readers would inject gold plating into their veins or snort red carpet debris if they could. For those of you who don't live for movie awards, I salute you for supporting The Film Experience anyway. We'll try to keep it corralled into Sundays until the season so hopefully there'll be enough movie loving of all other varieties to keep you here year round.

Until that time, enjoy the first round of my annual madness. Read The Early Bird Oscar Preview: a look at what hands the major studio players are holding and also a vague current release calendar (that will shift a million times before the year is through). I wrote this in a mad rush so please pardon any sloppiness --and correct me should you see errors: I can take it! Tomorrow, I'll start posting my annual year in advance Oscar Predictions. I'm proud to say that last year I had my best ever 'year-in-advance' success managing to predict 2 (several) 3 (in best picture and actress) and even 4 of the eventual nominees (in art direction) in certain categories.

Your comments, as always, are welcome.
*