Thursday, March 20, 2008

You Have Spoken!


JA from MNPP here again. They took the lead right from the beginning and never let go. They left each other a little scraped, battered, bruised, but in the end they both win, because they are all winners, except when they are losers, and then we don't ever speak of them again. Until we do.

Your choices to swallow up four hours and fifteen minutes of my weekend?


Singin' In The Rain & West Side Story

I'm not especially surprised; I think the deck was somewhat stacked in their favor. They're only two of the most beloved movies - not just musicals - of all time. How I made it through film school without having seen them is a discredit to each and every one of my professors!

So here's how the schedule for this will work: As long as Netflix doesn't go haywire today (it does that sometimes), I ought to be receiving these movies tomorrow. I'll then watch them over the weekend, and write up my thoughts on Monday and Tuesday.

That is... if I make it. If y'all did right by me! Just know, fine sirs and madams, that I have a hurricane in me! Sorry, I can't seem to stop saying that line. Anyway, I am sure each and every one of you had my best interests at heart, and voted accordingly, and my television will make it through the entire weekend sans foot-through-it.

And because this post has offered not much of real substance unto itself so far, did you know that today is both Holly Hunter's and William Hurt's birthdays? Holly's 50 and Bill's 58. It's Broadcast News Day!


Well, it would be Broadcast News Day if it weren't for that quitter Albert Brooks. He went and got himself born in July. Never a team player, that one. So I say forget him! It's Carl Reiner's birthday today; how ya like these apples, Albert:


Hmm. It's also Spike Lee's and model-turned-actress-turned-ghost Jane March's birthday ...


Seriously; whatever happened to Jane March? Color of Night didn't kill Bruce Willis' career...

Anyway, I obviously need to have some coffee or take some anti-psychotic medications now. And as for Broadcast News, everybody knows the real star of that movie was Joan Cusack anyway.

Y'all stay tuned for the Musical goodness to come, now; ya hear?
.