Monday, September 8, 2008

apologies to Mr. Bell, but it's all in the timing.

I was in NYC again very briefly this past weekend and I was strangely not compelled to race to Mr. Foe (otherwise known as Hallam Foe) despite the presence of the ever welcome Mr. Bell (otherwise known as Jamie). He was even so kind as to wear eyeliner to entice me.


He's not very good at applying it, though. That's a far cry from the heyday of Ewan McGregor who was even ballsy enough to wear it to awards shows. Anywayyyy...

Here is something I don't like about myself: I sometimes lose all interest in a movie if I have to wait too long for it to arrive. I don't take great pride in this impatience since a movie is theoretically the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow. But it's like movies are my food and therefore I need to consume them whilst fresh. Perhaps I fear stale flavorless celluloid or even movie poisoning should it have been stored improperly...especially if the Weinstein's ever touched it. Strangely this fickle fancy does not apply to old movies, just new ones that aren't delivered quickly. Once a movie has a decade's worth of dust on it, I am totally interested in seeing it again or for the first time.
*