Monday, September 1, 2008

I've Linked You So Long

In Contention joins in on the Kristin Scott Thomas Oscar buzz (for I've Loved You So Long). Could we really have a French language film in the Best Actress race two years running?
As Little As Possible filing reports from Telluride. Can't wait to see some of these films
Anne Thompson's Telluride Watch, too.
Daily GreenCine collects the rousing response to Slumdog Millionaire, a festival breakout
Just Jared burns up for Charlize Theron at her latest premiere. fwiw, the shoes are beyond fierce.


Drawn! highlight a Gremlins fan film. Ah DIY film culture.
Guardian wonders why "chick flicks" have such a shallow pool of themes
LA Rag Kevin Spacey gets cheeky. Oh, come out already man. It's so tiresome.
Big Screen Little Screen Audrey Tatou as Coco Chanel.

And -- trés awkward segueway --please cheer me up in the comments. This consulting gig I'm doing (no, I don't make a living from writing just yet) is wearing me down. Nathaniel is missing the movies and Manhattan and friends. and especially his cat! I never intended to doom him to depression by naming him after Montgomery Clift ... but the name proved prophetic. He's not exactly a chipper thing. When he's not morose he can be demonic. But now that I've abandoned him for a month, I worry. His brain is so tiny and he doesn't speak English and I'm like the only thing he loves. I feel guilt. GUILT. He's soft and fuzzy and I fear that if I don't return soon he won't need Lacuna Inc to erase his memories of me. Are there any pet owners out there who can relate?