Tuesday, April 7, 2009

"I can't go back and be a faux revolutionary"

The Takeaway has been doing a fun series of interviews with John Waters, who has been sadly missing from the cinematic landscape. Only two films this whole decade? In this very short video he talks about the dire state of indie filmmaking. Sadly, financing for what was supposed to be his next film, Fruitcake (best title ever), fell through.



There's more interviews at The Takeaway featuring the bad taste auteur, chatting about everything from television's The Wire to Tina Turner to his own artwork. I love his "rear projection" piece. And he continues to make with the funny
I think all my work is about humor... insider humor about the business. I try to celebrate the sadness regular people have for not being in showbusiness.
Ha! There's only one John Waters.
*